On this edition: Maryland honors Colonel Thomas, VA secretary visits, CYSS hourly child care, checking in with the USO and more!
The Installation Safety Office will kick off the 101 critical days of summer safety campaign with a Safety Stand Down on Wednesday, June 1st from 10 am to 1 pm at McGill Training Center. This campaign, which runs from Memorial Day until Labor Day, helps raise awareness about the possible mishaps that can happen during the summer months.
The purpose of the Event is to provide resources that will promote the safety, health and quality of life for the FGGM Community through an exhibition of information and services. The services that will be on hand will prove to be invaluable to the Fort Meade community. Supervisors are encouraged to make the event a place of duty for a portion of the day.
Some of the vendors and services being offered include: Blood pressure and eye exams, alcohol and drug control, driver safety, motorcycle safety information, home fire prevention safety and additional health and wellness topics.
For more information on this event contact George Lawler at 301 677-7508.
This entry was posted on Friday, May 20th, 2011 at 10:28 am and is filed under Meade Week. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
While this is an open forum, it's also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments posts clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. Posts will be removed if they violate the guidelines listed below.
- No graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- No solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- No copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics. Imagery should be owned by the user.
- No comments or photos that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- No documents of any kind should be posted on this page.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Also, the appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of Fort Meade, U.S. Army or Department of Defense.